This policy covers how The MMORPG Exchange treats personal information that we collect and receive, including information related to your past use of our products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that The MMORPG Exchange does not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Privacy FIRST?- Yes, FIRST . . .
We feel so strongly about privacy rights that EVERYTHING about the design and technology of our site, from the time its first pixel was displayed, has been designed around respecting the rights of our visitors - your rights.
But, frankly, just speaking those words doesn't mean very much, since that's pretty much what every sleeze-bag company on the Internet will tell you - even those that are currently under Federal indictment for deliberate and repeated privacy violation and abuse.
So, we have broken it down, detailing our specific conduct, so you can see EXACTLY what WE mean when WE say that we care more about your privacy and security than anything else:
Information Collection and Use
The MMORPG Exchange collects personal information when you sign up or use forms within our site.
When you sign up or use The MMORPG Exchange site forms we ask for information such as your name, address, phone number, billing information and zip code. The MMORPG Exchange collects information about your transactions with us, including information about your use of services that we offer.
The MMORPG Exchange uses information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, and conduct research.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
The MMORPG Exchange does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- We will transfer information about you if The MMORPG Exchange is acquired by or merged with another company.
eCommerceIt's Our Own System
- We wrote our eCommerce facility from scratch rather than subcontracting with a third party eCommerce provider, or using an off-the-shelf "shopping cart" package. That means it's fast and efficient, and that we are NOT relying upon the conduct and behavior of the employees and technology of any third-party for which we can not authoritatively vouch. It also means that there is no chance that the system has any hidden third-party backdoors or exploitable weaknesses, and that it doesn't need to be updated hourly as the next carelessly coded Microsoft security weakness is discovered.
- At no time is any purchasing information stored anywhere in non-encrypted form.
- All payment information is handled by PayPal. A company that solely deals with online payments and has proven time and again to be secure.
Personal InformationOur Own eMail System
- As with our eCommerce facility, we wrote the entire eMail system from scratch. We do not subcontract or "farm out" our list management, so there is NO CHANCE that your personal and private eMail address will be disclosed to any third party. Moreover, we feel quite strongly about the privacy of eMail addresses and NOTHING could induce us to divulge our customer's eMail address to any third party.
Some things are NOT for sale
- your trust in us is one of them.
CookiesOnly by request A cookie is a piece of data stored on the user's computer tied to information about the user. Usage of a cookie is in no way linked to any personally identifiable information while on our site. We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. For the session ID cookie, once users close the browser, the cookie simply terminates. A persistent cookie is a small text file stored on the user's hard drive for an extended period of time. Persistent cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file directions, and will only be set if you request it in your profile.
By setting a cookie on our site, users would not have to log in a password more than once, thereby saving time while on our site. If users reject the cookie, they may still use our site. The only drawback to this is that the user will be limited in some areas of our site.
To learn more about cookies, and what they are, click here.
AdvertisementsThe MMORPG Exchange is a "100% Ad Free" Zone
- Perhaps you can imagine how many solicitations we receive from companies wishing to pay us for the placement of their advertisement on this site. We're not even tempted. We do not understand why ANY commercial web site would choose to horribly clutter its pages with garish and annoying advertisements jumping around all over the place, trying to distract its visitors and get their attention. It's not as if being on the web is particularly expensive. It isn't. So we just can't understand why advertising has "happened" anywhere on the web except on those "fully sponsored" free web sites for individuals. It appears that many corporations have no taste or sense of style whatsoever.
But, independent of that, no force on Earth could make us place a reference to an off-site server on this site. The fact is, advertisements are a HUGE security and privacy risk. You will never find one here. No way.
Web BugsDo you even need to ask?
- Of course we don't do anything like that. We can't imagine that we would ever want to know anything about you that we didn't have the courage to ask. So there's NO SORT OF TRACKING OF ANY KIND ever happening on this site. Period.
Unforeseen Emergencies- If, for some unforseen reason, we do find it necessary to log accesses to any of our servers to resolve a problem, such logging will persist only as long as required to resolve the issue and all logs will be deleted immediately afterward.
The MMORPG Exchange may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your The MMORPG Exchange account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and Suggestions
If you have any questions or suggestions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.